Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Researchhhhhhh.........Yayyyyyyyyy..........

So, obviously, we couldn't go into this next chapter of art until we did some research, our advisor dedicated two weeks or so to teaching us the ins and outs of documentaries showing us "The American Promise", "Exit Through The Gift Shop" and had us research a multitude of other types of documentaries most of them she provided. But those two were the documentaries that impacted me the most. 


The American Promise was about "Filmmakers Joe Brewster and Michèle Stephenson follow their son and his best friend through the U.S. educational system. Though both boys start out at the prestigious Dalton School, circumstances later force one into a public high school." I couldn't word it how I wanted to without spoiling it all. This one impacted me the most because it's something that I went through as a child going into my adolescence and it struck chords in me.


Exit Through The Gift Shop was just overall extremely entertaining and I love the style they used. Also, it was so unique how they pointed the direction of the film it just always left you questioning. Exit Through the Gift Shop is about "The infamous, shadowy British graffiti street artist Banksy has literally left his mark on cities throughout the world. He comes in contact with Thierry Guetta, a Los Angeles-based Frenchman who videotapes various underground art escapades" Yep I did it again don't judge me.


Those two documentaries are where I really got my inspiration, I wanted to make something hard-hitting where you feel but also a little silly :p

However, there was one docuseries that our advisor shared with us from Netflix that was EXTREMELY stylized and I LOVED every second of it. I knew from then I wanted my documentary to be heavily stylized. The docuseries was called Abstract and it followed several famous artists, designers, and creators in their art processes and how they came to be in their field. 

As we go on I'll explain how these were very prominent in my group's documentary process. Although, I'm sure it'll be very clear LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here is the link to the trailer  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7Ufcn9sVG0rKMh35ukAeGJ8S4gO94JP/view?usp=sharing Tada Instagram Link:  h...