Wednesday, December 13, 2023

the end.....or is it....

 post-production is I think where we struggled the most.

We each had edited our own versions and communications were very thin with Male so we could not properly communicate our ideas with each other 

proofs in the pudding 

If you say anything about my grammarly I will be very upset. shush. 
Anyway,  Ava and I had planned to work on the doc the weekend following us having filmed Miguel's part so that was like Saturday or Sunday and the whole thing was due Monday. What we struggled with the most was the intro sequence of our documentary. we wanted to do something that showed there were 3 parts to this story but we couldn't figure out how we wanted to execute it. 
each of us had planned out differently how the sequence was going to go but because Ava and I were together most of the time to discuss it we were the most like.. we had a similar idea I guess I should say. 
eventually after many hours of back and forth with male lol we came to a conclusion. or a compromise I  suppose. 

The day came for Ava and me to sit down and do our final edit of the documentary and since Ava's part was last filmed she was still editing her piece. At this point, in time I found it a little silly because we filmed Wednesday and it was now Sunday and not a lot had been done in effort but I'm also like a bit of a freak so who knows. 
During this time we took to edit, we decided to finally put in effort to think up our doc name. We wanted something abstract but powerful. We (as in me and Ava) spent like over an hour finding names. I came across the MOMA website on different art names when I saw "Binder" which was like a material that holds the pigment in paintings together and I went "BAZINGA" not literally but that was my brain. I thought it perfectly encapsulated our meaning if I changed the words around some. 
With that in mind, I thought up "Binder, The arts that hold us together" Great right? wrong. We forgot to realize that no one thinks of the word binder like that they think of the 3-prong binder. Yeah, geniuses we are (we figured it'd be like that but we didn't think we'd have to explain it as much as we ended up having to). Anyways, Skip forward a bit it's the day we have to submit (the literal next day) and the doc isn't finished. HAH! Avas part wasn't done still and the pressure was really starting to crack as the hours went by. I finally got the project file around 11:10 ish and I had to speedrun to get the rest of it finished and make sure everything ran smoothly. Mind you, making sure a 12-minute piece ran smoothly includes a LOT of watch-throughs but we did not have the time, Male also wanted to color it really quick so the moral of the story we submitted late.  

Although we had some bumps I feel like we made a really good documentary I loved the overall song we used I think it was such a cool song and it really helped our piece have some feeling. All 3 parts came together in the end and I'm really proud of our documentary. 




Binder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here is the link to the trailer  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7Ufcn9sVG0rKMh35ukAeGJ8S4gO94JP/view?usp=sharing Tada Instagram Link:  h...