Friday, February 24, 2023

ASSEMBLE !!

 Today in class our advisor put us in groups to discuss and flesh out our film-opening ideas. 

In my group, I had Josh, Mariana, and Cyrus

Our little group group 

I was the first to speak and tell everyone about our (Sam and I's) idea and at first, it took them a while to understand what the idea was so Josh told me to "put it in a sentence or less" to which I said "history repeats itself" which I feel was a pretty valid response, but it also made me realize it might be a little overcomplicated in words since the concept is a bit hard to describe so many we need to tone it down a bit. 

Cyrus!!

Cyrus went next and his idea was a really cool concept inspired by Creed. His original idea was about two boxers training. He said that he wanted to include more of a unique aspect to his opening storyline-wise. So Josh initially suggested including maybe a family member in the hospital so they need the money from the fight to pay for the medical bills. Now I thought that was such a good idea but then Josh said something the complete opposite of that directly after so we didn't circle back to the idea until slightly later. Cyrus seemed to really like the idea so we discussed it more and it seems that Cyrus is going to include some of the ideas discussed in his Opening!
Josh!!

Josh was next to share his idea. He had this really cool idea to make an opening focused on a basketball player and his personal story. Once we got deeper into fleshing out the little details of our ideas, Josh had the idea to include a very large yet sensitive topic in his opening but he didn't seem to want to fully focus on that aspect which I felt could've been a really good missed opportunity, so I made the suggestion that he should focus on that aspect more or just not to include it or focus on it at all. I think he took that into consideration so we shall see how it turns out!! 

Mariana!!

Mariana and I talked about the idea that her group had been full proofing and thinking of different ways to execute it. She was telling me how they'd gone through so many ideas and aren't satisfied with any so I gave some ideas on how to solidify their idea. But it seemed like the idea they had already Mariana seemed to like it so I hope they go with that idea because it was a good idea!! 

I'm excited to see all their ideas come to fruition they're all such good ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 Here is the link to the trailer  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7Ufcn9sVG0rKMh35ukAeGJ8S4gO94JP/view?usp=sharing Tada Instagram Link:  h...